The word parasite is derived from a Greek word parasitos,which means “beside the food”. Usually, people get parasites by consuming water or food which is contaminated.
In the U.S., there is an estimation that over 50 million children are infected with parasites but very few cases are detected and reported. According to a study, scientists believe that parasites are the most common form of life on earth.
Here we have listed some symptoms that indicate that you might have parasites in your body:
- Stomach pain or cramps
- Vomiting or dehydration
- Diarrhea or upset stomach
- Flu-like symptoms
- Aches and pain
- Skin rashes, redness, and itching
- Weight loss
- Constipation or gas
Getting rid of parasites is easy, you just need to know what kind of parasite is infecting your body. There are different types of parasites and the most deadly human parasites are protozoa, single-celled organisms. Mostly parasites get expelled from the bodyon their own but sometimes you may need additional help.
Doctors usually prescribe oral medication to treat parasites as it has been proven effective and generally works. There are some people who prefer home remedies instead of medical treatment.
Even doctors in the U.S. recommend that everyone should do a regular parasite cleansing, at least once a year.
There are two types of human parasites:
- Endoparasites: These are the parasites which are found inside the human body.
- Ectoparasites: These are the parasites which cause infection from outside of the human body. For example, mosquitoes.
Following we have listed some home remedies for you to get rid of parasites naturally:
Anti Parasite Diet: During the process of cleansing, the most important thing which should be considered first is a balanced diet. It should be high in nutrients and low in sugar. Include garlic and onions as they are rich in the anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal compounds.
Try to avoid processed food, carbs, alcohol, and food that contains high sugar content. It is also recommended to avoid dairy products for a few weeks. By cutting this food out of your diet, you might stop parasites from growing in your body.
Take care of your liver: When it comes to cleaning your body, your liver is the best. It filters toxins from the blood and helps in better digestion. During the process of cleansing, your liver needs extra support to function properly. It affects your liver most because when parasites start dying off, there is a release of a lot of toxic enzymes into your body and it all ends up in your liver.
Drinks you must include: Stay hydrated enough as it will help your system to flush the toxins easily. Consider the following:
- 12 Oz of water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Consume lemon water
- Have few drops of grapefruit seed extract
Apple cider vinegar and grapefruit seed extract are best to consume as they weaken parasites and establish a balanced gut in your body system.
Use top natural supplements for cleansing parasites: We have listed 5 most potent herbal supplements for you which are:
- Black Walnut: It has been used for a long time for the treatment of parasites. Parasites create biofilm around them for protection but black walnut contains a special compound which breaks downs the biofilm and helps in killing parasites.
- Wormwood: It is famous for its anti-parasitic properties. Research has shown that wormwood is rich in flavonoids and steroids which translates to antiviral, antifungal, antiparasitic and antibacterial properties.
- Olive Leaf: It has a wide variety of medicinal applications. It increases the production of cytokines and kills the parasites.
- Papaya Seed: Papaya seeds are rich in a certain type of fatty acid that causes distortion in parasite’s life cycle and helps your body to eliminate them naturally.
- Oregano Oil: Being very potent and spicy, Oregano Oil has antibacterial and anti-parasitic effects.
Self Care is important: Going through parasite cleansing is tough, it affects your body internally and externally. It is important to take care of your body during the process of cleansing. We have listed a few things to remember:
- Take Epsom salt baths to calm yourself and relax. When doing a parasite cleanse, the article 12 Parasite Die-off Symptoms and How to Fight Themrecommends taking an epsom salt bath, which will speed up the removal of toxins from the body, as well as replenish your magnesium levels.
- Drink plenty of water. During the parasite cleansing process, you might need to consume more water than you usually do.
- Enrich your diet with anti-parasite food, fiber, and herbs.
The best method of controlling parasites infection is prevention. Along with natural methods, there are a variety of medical procedures for treating parasitic infections. Anyone who suspects that their body is showing the symptoms of parasitic infection should see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.