Boilers are pressurised systems that use gas or electricity to heat water for various purposes in a business. A boiler can provide hot water for use or production purposes. There are boiler types that heat water, and there are those that convert water into steam. Commercial boilers are integral aspects of running a business, regardless of the kind of venture. To ensure that a commercial establishment’s boiler system is always in good condition, hiring a commercial boiler service London offers is a must, whether for repairs or maintenance.
Why is boiler preventative maintenance crucial?
A commercial boiler that undergoes regular preventative maintenance will be energy efficient and function on a par with standards. Subjecting a boiler to maintenance means service interruptions do not happen all the time. These interruptions may also interrupt business processes, eventually incurring profit loss.
Benefits of preventative maintenance
Here are some of the benefits that a commercial boiler can get from regular preventative maintenance checks.
- Safety is the most essential benefit of a fully functional boiler. Since boilers use hot water or steam at very high temperatures and pressure, they are a risk to workers. Malfunctioning boilers may explode, causing injuries and sometimes even death. Service providers check the integrity of a boiler’s parts, and if some things need repair and replacement, they will let the company know what they need to do. Because boilers can be a hazard to employees, insurance companies need to be sure that the company is compliant with government safety codes and regulations regarding the use of commercial boilers. If the insurance provider sees that a boiler is not in good running condition, they may not insure the workers nor the establishment.
- Malfunctioning boilers are not energy efficient. With regular maintenance, business owners can be sure that they are getting their money’s worth with their boilers, and they are not spending more than they have to on utility bills. If there are cracks in the pipes and tubes, lime build-up, or poor electrical connections, they can cause overheating which uses more energy.
- It isn’t called preventative maintenance without reason; it is primarily to prevent any mishaps from happening if a boiler is faulty. A boiler which breaks down will disrupt business processes. Ensuring that it is fully functional will prevent any disruptions and accidents.
Business owners don’t have to call a service provider right away only to check if everything is working. Even employees can do their own checks with the help of a checklist of what to look out for.
• Manhole gaskets for any leakage
• Safety valves for defects
• Electrical terminals for inspection
• Examination of flue gasses and chimneys
• Tune boiler for optimum efficiency
• Spark rods and sensing rods for proper gaps
• Blowers and fans for dirt and dust
• Bleed and block valves for any leakage,
• Monitoring of correct levels for carbon monoxide, oxygen and carbon dioxide
This is not a complete checklist, but these are the most critical things that workers should check every now and again.
To read more on topics like this, check out the technology category.